Research in the College shall generally support and enhance instruction and community extension services. As such it aims to:
- Develop an institutional research role and help build a culture of research that is conducive , supportive, constructive and motivating;
- Assist the institution in meeting its research requirements, and in developing and extending the professional competence and experience of the college faculty and students;
- Improve the quality of research outputs especially addressing the impact of research on policy and development, in the dissemination and utilization of research findings by business and industry and ultimately improving the quality of life community.
Thus the Center for Research and Development (CReDe) of CELTECH College envisions itself to be at the forefront in research in the City of Olongapo and the Province of Zambales. To help this mission, the Center of Research and Development shall:
- Promote and nurture a culture of genuine intellectual inquiry and academic integrity;
- Rapidly disseminate research and intellectual output to a wider audience;
- Recommend and implement means to improve faculty research productivity;
- Assists faculty in the protection of their intellectual property rights;
- Promote faculty cooperation in multi-disciplinary studies;
- Serves as clearinghouse for information related to faculty research activities;
- Coordinate and monitor research activities on campus.
- To conduct institutional, social and academic research projects that are geared towards the attainment of the vision, mission and goals of the College;
- To provide the necessary guidance. Assistance and technical know how in the conduct and completion of approved research proposals and projects for faculty and students;
- To build capabilities in conducting research among the faculty members.
- To create and train a faculty pool of reviewers/examiners for students research outputs.
- To come out with a research journal at least one a year;
- To provide the research requirement need of the College for the accreditation of its programs and development plans.
- Provide accurate and timely information to support data based decision making by senior administrators.
It is therefore in view of the above-mentioned vision, mission, goals and objectives that the Research and Development Program Plan of the College is being presented for implementation by all concerned: